If you’re a Madison, WI
resident without central air conditioning
, you may be considering your AC options during the summer months. Many people consider ductless air conditioning as a potential option for cooling a home. Ductless air conditioning
is a free-standing unit (mounted either in your window, wall, or ceiling) that can meet your air conditioning
Abner Boiler & Heating Company
wants Madison residents to know that ductless systems, like any AC option, have both pros and cons.
You can many benefits to an ductless air conditioning system. Here are just a few:
- The ability to control rooms individually. Energy.gov notes that a ductless air conditioning unit “provides zoned cooling without the ductwork.”
- Saved time and installation costs. Having to install ductwork cuts down the time your WI contractor will have to spend on your home-cooling project. Plus, installing ductwork can get very pricey.
- Provides you AC in difficult-to-cool homes. According to Emerson Climate Technologies, ductless air conditioning may be the best option if you own a small, old home or apartment without much space to cool, or a home that doesn’t have existing ductwork. Ductless air conditioning may also be your best bet if you rent instead of own your property.
Most HVAC experts
seem to agree that ductless air-conditioning units, while easy to install and to cool individual spaces within the home, may not be the best long-term solution if you already have existing ductwork. Emerson Climate Technologies notes the following “concerns” with ductless air conditioning
- Less efficient indoor air circulation
- Appearance of unit on wall
- Higher ownership costs as a whole-home solution (if your home already has ductwork)
- Serviceability and repairs
Be sure to weigh all your AC options and talk to an HVAC professional
at Abner Boiler & Heating Company
. Our staff can help you find the most budget-friendly and energy-efficient AC options for your living space. If you live in the greater Madison, WI
area, give Abner Boiler & Heating Company a call at (608) 274-3077
, or contact us
online to set up a free estimate.