Before the summer heat hits this year, educate yourself about the best ways to save energy and money when cooling your home. Abner Boiler & Heating Company in Fitchburg, WI, specializes in heating and cooling services when you need assistance with your furnace or air conditioner
According to Energy.gov
, the answer to a cooler home isn’t always a bigger air conditioner
. “An oversized unit will cool the room(s) to the thermostat set-point before proper dehumidification occurs, making the area feel ‘clammy’ and uncomfortable. Central air-conditioning systems need to be sized by professionals.” Abner Boiler & Heating Company
can ensure that you have an appropriately sized air conditioning
unit for your home or building.
- Keeping your thermostat as close to the outside temperature as possible will translate to a cheaper cooling bill.
- Don’t use the central fan in your central air system to provide circulation. Use individual fans in each room or consider installing a whole-house fan.
- Setting your thermostat to extremely cold temperatures will not cool your home any faster. It will likely only increase your energy bill.
- Avoid placing appliances that give off heat near your thermostat. This can include lamps or televisions.
- If you have an older-model air conditioner, consider upgrading to an energy-efficient model. ENERGY STAR® units are typically 10-14% more efficient than standard models.
Consider having your AC system
checked out before the summer heat arrives this year. Abner Boiler & Heating Company serves the Dane County, WI
area. Contact us
at (608) 274-3077
for your HVAC services
in Wisconsin. We look forward to serving you!